Methyl Ethyl Ketone(MEK), also known as butanone is a colorless liquid ketone with a sharp, sweet odor. As a solvent and dewaxing agent, it is also used in various organic synthesis, and as a raw material for the synthesis of perfumes and medicines.
The following are the UN GHS Criteria
- Highly flammable liquid and vapor
- Causes serious eye irritation
- May cause respiratory irritation
- May cause drowsiness or dizziness
- Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child
- May be harmful if swallowed and enters the airways