Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK), also known as Butanone, is a colorless liquid with a sweet and sharp odor. It has several functions:
- 1. Solvent: MEK is a common solvent used in processes involving gums, resins, cellulose acetate, nitrocellulose coatings, and vinyl films. It helps clean and prepare surfaces for painting and produces synthetic rubber.
- 2. Chemical Intermediate: It is also used as a chemical intermediate to produce other chemicals in the pharmaceutical industry and in the manufacture of resins and paraffin wax.
- 3. Adhesives: MEK is used in the adhesive industry as it effectively bonds plastics, textiles, and metals together.
- 4. Cleaning: It is used as a cleaning agent in the electronics industry and in the removal of graffiti.
- 5. Printing: In the printing industry, MEK is used as part of inks for flexographic and rotogravure printing.
If you need solvents like Butanone, Isopropanol, Styrene, Xylene, Cyclohexanone, Ethanol, Toluene, Methanol, Ethyl Acetate, N-butyl Acetate, Butyl Acrylate, etc., mainly used in paints, coatings, spray paints, printing, leather, ink, and pharmaceutical intermediates. You can contact Batong Chemical Group: