Methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK) is a colorless liquid ketone, with a sweet odor and highly flammable character. It is commonly used as a solvent in a variety of industries. MIBK is used in manufacturing processes for paints, rubbers, pharmaceuticals, and other chemicals, and in the extraction and dewaxing of certain minerals. The major function uses the show as follows:
- 1. Solvent: MIBK is commonly used as a solvent for many resins and waxes, and is often used in the manufacture of paints, varnishes, and lacquers because of its high solvent power and evaporation rate.
- 2. Chemical Intermediate: It also serves as a chemical intermediate in the production of a variety of products, including pharmaceuticals.
- 3. Extraction and Dewaxing: MIBK is used in the extraction and dewaxing of certain minerals and in the separation process in the production of certain oils.
- 4. Rubber Industry: In the rubber industry, it's used as a solvent and an antiozonant.
- 5. Printing Industry: MIBK is also used in the printing industry for lithographic plate cleaning.
If you need solvents like Butanone, Isopropanol, Styrene, Xylene, Cyclohexanone, Ethanol, Toluene, Methanol, Ethyl Acetate, N-butyl Acetate, Butyl Acrylate, etc., mainly used in paints, coatings, spray paints, printing, leather, ink, and pharmaceutical intermediates. You can contact Batong Chemical Group: